March 14 -25, 2017
The vision of Special Olympics is to gain, with the positive attributes of sport, athletes, families and volunteers from all over the world for their idea.
Due to the growing recognition of the global impact of Special Olympics, of the incredible energy of the volunteers and especially of the charisma of our athletes, barriers should be broken down and more acceptance and tolerance should be achieved for the people.
AIMS OF THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS WORLD WINTER GAMES 2017
- Strengthening of human rights
- Increasing the number of participants by introducing new sports
- Creating partnership programs (eg Europe for Africa)
- Developing globalized public relations with additional sponsor activities
By the Numbers
The 2017 World Games are shaping up to be the biggest of all time with…
- There will be 3,000 athletes competing at the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games
- The athletes will be accompanied by 1,100 coaches
- 110 nations will be represented
- Over 3,000 volunteers will help make these Games a success
- 5,000 family members are expected to take in the Games